Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Strange Sounds

Something woke me up.

Yes, we can wake up during the day. It not a sleep like you are used to. It's more like your body shuts down, but you are still aware of things around you. So if someone was to get into our lair, we would be on the attack before they had a chance to harm us. Those scenes in the movies where the vampire sleep and they can stake them, don't happen. Steopa assured me the ones he saw, the hunters needed a team to hold the vampire down.

Anyway. I was in my stupor. Steopa beside me. I heard this noise. Like clanging. At first I thought it was someone working in the maintenance room above us. Then I realize the sound is not coming from the parking garage, but behind the wall. I fully wake up. I moved Steopa's hand off my chest and sat up.

It happened again. The sound was muffled. And it wasn't really clanging. More like something being hammered with a mallet. Steopa woke up.

"What is it," he asked.

"Don't you hear that?"

There were no sounds for a long time. He shook his head. I laid down after a while. The stupor would come. It had sounded like the noise had come from below us.

What is the strangest noise you have heard in the night?

No comments:

Post a Comment