Saturday, May 21, 2011

Vincent

I was lucky. I had a friend that helped me not freak out too much when I became a vampire. He is one. Vincent.

You've seen him. If you ever go to the Burgundy Rathskeller, you have seen him. The unofficial host of the club. Usually dressed in an outrageous costume. I think his favorite now is an undertaker outfit with a bright purple bow. He always has at least one woman on his arm. People are so convinced that he is playing the part of a vampyre, that he has smiled, with his fangs exposed and no one freaks out.

I did. But then I walked in on him feeding. Seeing a vampire feed is not what it looks like in the movies. It's not a kiss. When I was shoved into his private room and he had his fangs in that woman's neck. There was no doubt what he was doing. He raised his hand. At the time I thought I was going to be killed. He told me later, he was motioning me to stop and wait. Minutes later he found where I had ran to and talked to me.

I had liked Vincent before. I have to admit now, I had a little crush on him. Whenever I had a bad night, he would be there to pick my spirits up. And he's cute too. But when I found out the truth I was freaked. Back then, I freaked out about a lot of things.

So I did know a vampire before I became one. After Steopa bit me, Vincent was there. He stayed by my side and helped me through a couple of things. Not because I was under his care. You know, that stupid idea that some humans have that there are vampire covens. He did it because we were friends. We still are.

One thing we share, is that he can talk to me via my mind. The weird thing was when I was human, he would try to straighten my head out and I would push him away. No human ever had done that before. When I was bleeding from Steopa's bite. He calmed me down, talking to me in my mind. Since then, if we need to get a hold of each other. We can.

Not every vampire has the same gifts. I can't rearrange someones memories, like he can. But then he can't do what I can. Apparently, not many vampires can. His new gift is cool too. I have to admit I am a bit jealous.

How would you like to find out your friend is a vampire?

No comments:

Post a Comment